Who Are Eligible for Unemployment Benefits?

There is a financial aid you can get once you lost your job or have been fired if it’s not your fault.  It is a temporary help for those eligible unemployed people. At Louisiana, you can apply for the benefits through phone or online at laworks.net. When you apply online, you can go to lawork.net which is Louisiana Workforce Commission website. The state will determine if you are fit for the said temporary benefits and may proceed to getting the requirements needed for the application. But who are eligible for the unemployment benefits? Who can apply?

Federal Employeesimage 2

Former civilian federal workers can apply for the Unemployment Compensation of Federal Employees program. The benefits that are given to the former workers are paid by the federal agencies. You do not have to pay for the tax when receiving the benefits. This program is handled by the states and has the same rules as to the regular unemployment programs.

Regular Unemployed Workers

For those individual who are fired or terminated from their work because it’s not their fault is qualified to receive this unemployment application. The program is based on the state and must meet the requirements to be qualified to receive the assistance. It is also determined by the states of the amount and the time the person can receive the unemployment check. As soon as you are terminated, you apply immediately for this benefit and give the necessary unemployment documents required from you.

Disaster Unemployment Assistance

People who lost their employment or self-employed because of a disaster can apply in this category since they are not eligible to the regular unemployed benefits.  The president must first declare that the area is a disaster zone for those who are currently residing in the area to receive the benefits. To qualify, make sure you no longer have a job or no place to work.

Ex-Service Members

Ex-military employees may also start collecting unemployment claim under the Unemployment Compensation for the Ex-Service Members program. The program extended to the members of the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration as well as the U.S Public Health Service Commissioned Corps. The benefits are paid in the four branches of military. You are eligible for the benefits when you are an active duty and had been honourable discharged.

This entry was posted in Finance and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *